Dreams Within Reach

The life of a young theatre artist trying to discover her role in it all. Who am I? What is theatre to me? Among the other things to figure out in life.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Chicago Intern? Why, Yes I Am!

On Wed, Sept 8th, I had my orientation for the American Theater Company where I'll be doing an Education internship. We were introduced to what ATC is, where it came from, and where it's heading. I got to meet the other 3 girls I'll be working with this year, as well as Lynne and Michael, whom I finally got to meet in person.

We were treated to lunch, which was great, and we were met with PJ, the Artistic Director. This is one thing I'm starting to notice about ATC. They're a close knit group. It's not a big theatre, but it is. In Chicago, it's a well respected theatre. But it's not run by 500 million people.

We had a staff meeting at the end where we were able to meet everyone and it's nice to feel welcomed.

I'm a bit confused still as to what I will be doing. I know which program I'm heading. It's the after school program, but I don't know too much about the details. Which really is me creating the details for this upcoming year as they wish to expand the program. Hmmm...

I'm excited. I start officially next week on Tuesday. So we'll see what happens. It's a new adventure. But it feels nice to have a home theatre in Chicago. And free tickets to shows don't hurt.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment