Dreams Within Reach

The life of a young theatre artist trying to discover her role in it all. Who am I? What is theatre to me? Among the other things to figure out in life.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The start of a new adventure...


It is about 5am.
I am home in Miami. Contemplating.
Thinking.
Questioning.
3 weeks till Chicago.
This is 3 weeks to the start of my professional theatre career.
Theatre life.

What does that even mean? In search of an internship. In search of a spot in volunteering for shows. In search of acting. In search of everything, basically. I am still not sure what I want to do in theatre. I keep searching trying to find what my true passion is, but as I keep gaining experience in different areas, I keep losing sight of it all.

I am excited. I am anxious. I am scared. I am fearing what will become of me when I get there. Will I make it? I'll be ok. But as the clock starts ticking as I have yet to land an internship to boost my confidence, I am fearful. Do I really want a regular old job and attempt to get cast in shows in the evening. Is that what I want?

This is my mind at 5am, apparently.
I am hopeful. I am filled with joy at the possibilities that await me.
But so afraid.
So afraid.


No comments:

Post a Comment